Learn French with native speakers by enrolling in an AFCC French language course!
To make it easier to find a class that suits you, we have created a table with all our courses.
|Weekly Times||Term Dates||Class||Venue||Teacher||Cost|
6:00 to 7:30 pm
| 07/08 to 25/09|
23/10 to 11/12
|Elementary A2 - 2nd term||Wyoming||Viviane||8 sessions
6.00 to 7.30 pm
| 08/08 to 26/09 |
|Beginners A1 3rd term||Wyoming||Viviane||8 sessions =$180|
6.00 to 7.30pm
10/08 to 05/10
19/10 to 14/12
|Beginners A1 2nd term||Wyoming||Viviane|| 8 sessions
10.00 to 11.30
|14/08 to 02/10 |
|New Beginners A1||Wyoming||Viviane|| 8 sessions
7.00 to 8.30
| 17/07 to 18/09 |
09/10 to 11/12 .
3+ yrs previous French study
|Bateau Bay||Patricia||10 sessions = $225|
|28/07 to 22/09 |
13/10 to 15/12
|Elementary A2 |
(2 yrs previous French study)
|Bateau Bay||Patricia||9 sessions = $202.50|
7.00 = 8.30
|20/07 to 21/09 |
12/10 to 14/12 -
|Beginners A1- 2nd term||Bateau Bay||Patricia||10 sessions = $225|
| 17/07 to 18/09 |
09/10 to 11/12
|Beginners A1-2nd term||Bateau Bay||Patricia||10 sessions = $225|
|New Conversational French (practise of most tenses required)||Wyoming||Viviane||6 sessions = $150|
2017 Term 1 Fees: Wyoming: $240 (daytime classes = 2hrs) or $180.00 (evening classes 90 mins) ; Bateau Bay $180 (90 min classes). To ensure there are sufficient students to form a class, we would appreciate it if payments can be made to AFCC at least FIVE working days before the first session of each term.
How To Enrol
1 – New Students: first check with the teacher of the class you wish to attend to ensure places are available. Viviane: email@example.com; Tel:0466553776 / 43295979 Patricia: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 4333 6634
3 – Pay via online shop or bank transfer. Make sure you include a phone number or email address please. Our Bank details: ANZ 012-621 A/c no. 3537699911 Alliance Française Côte Centrale Inc.
4 – Include cost of textbook if required and AFCC membership if you are not already a member.
Classes enrolment form
To register for one of the AFCC classes, please download and complete the latest enrolment form. if you pay by bank transfer, please write your phone number as a reference.
You can also enrol and pay for a class using the online shop . It’s quick and easy !
New students for Beginners Term 1 need the textbook only ($45). Continuing students Levels A1/A2 need the textbook and workbook: Alter Ego 1+ and 2 CDs (Hachette editor). These can all be purchased for $70 from the online shop.
Textbooks ordered are normally given out in class or by arrangement at the monthly Conversation meeting. For other arrangements please contact Patricia or Viviane
Note: Membership is compulsory for all adult students of the AFCC and needs to be renewed annually. Cost: $10.
To help you determine your level, you are encouraged to contact one of our teachers.
- Wyoming: Viviane Villermé Tel: 0466 553 776 email@example.com
- Bateau Bay: Patricia Sabatier Tel: 02 4333 6634 firstname.lastname@example.org
More classes can be held depending on requests. Our teachers can also give private lessons, personalised according to your specific needs. Our classes follow the levels recommended by the Common European Framework of Reference from the European Council.
Learn how to: greet and take leave , introduce yourself and state your identity, ask for someone’s basic information, communicate in the classroom, count up to 100, tell the time, talk about your family and friends, activities and hobbies, book an hotel and buy food, find your way around town.
Continuing Beginners A1:
You have already learnt a bit of French and know the basics .We will cover the same A1 topics but a slightly faster pace with more emphasis on spoken French. According to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, you will acquire level A1 and be able to take the DELF A1 exam after 60 hours of lessons.
You’ll learn to use different tenses so you can talk about events or activities in the past and the future. You will acquire more vocabulary on basic topics and develop your listening and speaking skills so that you are able to hold a conversation about subects you are familiar with.
You already know how to speak in the present and the past tenses (imparfait/passé composé) and can get by in diverse situations travelling in a francophone country. You will continue to extend your knoledge of French grammar and learn how to express your opinion about different subjects and take part in class discussions.
This course will give you the basic vocabulary and language skills to get by on a business trip / holiday in a French speaking country.
Conversation (requires a good knowledge of French grammar, some confidence in speaking French):
Improve your conversational French , using clippings from French newspapers or magazines articles, you will participate n a stimulating exchange of opinion about French society and culture.
Terms and Conditions
Adult Classes : You are enrolling with us. Please read the information below carefully
1. Students must enrol for an entire course.
2. Adult Courses are for students of 18 years and above unless otherwise indicated.
3. All fees must be paid at time of registration. Pro-rata payment is only available at the discretion of AFCC.
4. No refund or credit will be given to any student who withdraws less than 24 hours before the commencement of a course.
5. No refund, transfer or credit will be given should a student fail to attend every class or leave before the end of the term.
6. Alliance Française Côte Centrale reserves the right to cancel classes if a minimum of 5 enrolments is not reached.
7. If a class is cancelled by AF, students will be fully refunded or offered a full credit for the following term.
8. Please note that credit notes are neither transferable, nor redeemable for cash and have a strict use by date.
9. New students who are not complete beginners need to have their level assessed prior to joining a class.
10. To ensure the best quality in teaching, the AF reserves the right to redirect a student to another class level if the student’s level does not match the rest of the class.
11. if the teacher is not able to attend a class, he/she will offer a replacement time in consultation with students.
12. Alliance Française Côte Centrale has the right to ask a student to withdraw from the course if his/her behavior is considered inappropriate or detrimental to the good running of the class. No refund is payable in that case.